The Dutch Data Protection Authority strictly enforces the new privacy legislation in both the public and private sector. This is a good thing, because sensitive data must be protected. It is therefore important that, when developing ID-solutions, great attention is paid to the security of privacy-sensitive data. Every ID-solution by ORIBI ID-Solutions complies with this guideline.
Copy of passport: not necessary!
There are regulations on making a copy or scan of an identity document. The ban concerns various components on identity documents; it is prohibited, within the private sector, to process Citizen Service Numbers (BSNs). The BSN is stated on an identity document (passport, ID card, driving licence).
Make BSN (citizen service number) illegible
It is recommended to make the BSN (citizen service number) illegible. With the ID solutions from ORIBI ID-Solutions, this happens fully automatically. It does not matter which document or which side you are scanning. The software recognises the BSN and renders it illegible. A person's race is also regarded as special personal data by the Dutch Data Protection Authority. A person's race can be determined from a passport photograph. For this reason, a passport photo may only be processed if the organisation has a good reason for doing so. One reason may be that the passport photo is needed for later identification purposes. If you are unable to provide a reason, the privacy plus module of ORIBI ID-Solutions is capable of masking the passport photo.
The solutions created by ORIBI ID-Solutions process personal data in a responsible manner
- ID-Citizen; for checking citizens quickly and easily.
- ID-Customer; secure and simple verification and processing of customer data.
- ID-Employee; properly managed processing of personal data of temporary employees or staff members.
- ID-Visitor; always know who you have on your premises with fast and secure personal identification.
- ID-Kiosk; an unmanned solution for the verification of citizen, customer and/or visitor data.
- ID-App; access to reliable personal identification anytime, anywhere.
Dutch Data Protection Authority